Gili Trawangan


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok » Gilli Trawangan
March 8th 2012
Published: March 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

8.3.2012

Got the boat over to Lombok, then onto Gili T. (An island off Lombok) As soon as we arrived it started raining - typical. We didn't have anywhere to stay but a few places in mind. We boarded a horse and cart which took us round a few of the homestays until we agreed a price with Warna Homestay. We ended up getting it for around 90 pound for the week for the 2 of us which is really cheap compared with what we have being paying. There's no cars or scooters on the island, the only way of getting around is walking, bike or the horse and cart. As you can imagine it is very chilled out here, no one rushes and everything gets done when its done.

It continued to rain for most of the afternoon. Regardless we had a look around. It's only a small island, with one long strip of bars, shops and places to stay along the beach. In the evening the square opposite the jetty came alive with food stalls. An outdoor food market was set up. Lots of different stalls selling Indonesian food that they cook infront of you while you wait. I had red snapper and Soph had a green curry. It was delicious and relatively cheap. We had a quick drink before bed.

9.3.2012

Woke up early this morning after a good nights sleep. It had been raining all night and everywhere was flooded. It had started to brighten up though. We were brought breakfast up to our balcony. We chose banana pancakes and fruit which was yummy. The banana pancakes they make in Indonesia are the best I've had! We decided to rent bikes and cycle around the island, it took us an hour and a half stopping to take pictures and drinks. It was beautiful and relaxing - not many houses or buildings on the other side of the island. We were cycling on tracks and sand roads along the beach and the weather had turned out good too.

When we got back we changed rooms. We found a leek and everything was damp, and ants had decided to live there. The new room was much nicer up one level, but the only downside it was a cold water shower. We walked to the beach which was a 10 second walk from our homestay where we read and swam for the rest of the afternoon. The water was a lovely colour and temperature.

We went for another little bike ride before getting ready to go the night food market. Once again it was delicious, chicken satay and chicken noodle soup. We headed for Rudy's bar which we told is the place to be on a Friday night. We had a few drinks and it started getting busier and busier. We had a good night just chatting and sat in our little own bungalow on cushions. M x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1015s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb