Cimaja . April 3-5, 2015 [Easter Break - A Long Weekend]


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java
August 30th 2015
Published: August 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We woke up early Friday morning at 4:30AM to beat the bad traffic. We arrived on Java’s south coast by mid afternoon. We had some lunch, took a nap, explored a little, had dinner at a local restaurant, played a few rounds of billiards and went to bed.



After sleeping in Sat. morning we had breakfast overlooking the ocean. The waves could be heard in the distance. The area in which we were staying is a popular surfing location for locals and international people alike. We gathered our beach things and drove 1.5 hours to a different part of the coast for the day. We walked along the beach, swam in the surf, read our books, relaxed etc. My favorite memory of the trip was playing beach volleyball with the locals and two of my friends I was traveling with. It all started by joining a young girl who was playing by herself with a ball and a net….before we knew it her friends and family were joining us too. It was great too that the guys I was travelling with were Indonesian and could communicate with the people we were playing volleyball with. After a few hours of playing we ran into the water to wash off drove back at sunset. Once we were cleaned up we went out for oven pizza and beers over a game of cards. The deal was the loser had to sing at karaoke later that night. I tied for first place so I was in the clear and didn’t have to sing! We went back to where we were staying and enjoyed the live music there for a little while.



Sunday morning we had breakfast and drove the long ways back to Jakarta.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb