Magic Lunch


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Yogyakarta
April 25th 2016
Published: April 26th 2016
Edit Blog Post

After looking into the train and bus options it turned out cheaper to hire a car and driver to take us the 8 hours to Yogyakarta (affectionately known os jogja). Our driver picked us up just before 8.40 and before we left Batu Karas he showed us the bamboo suspension bridge which is option to pedestrians, bikes and motorbikes.
We stopped for lunch in a roadside cafe. The kids weren't interested in the noodles and rice we bought them, instead they were occupied by a magician who had a little stall in the corner and also did balloon models.
We arrived at Alamanda Villas around 5.00pm which is in the green zone around Jogja. We had our own villa which was a large freestanding room in the middle of paddy fields and was planted with lemon grass as the mozzis don't like the smell. Night fell and little lanterns lit up the path back to the hotel. The Dutch owner is very eccentric and his assistant walked us through the fields and board walks to their sister restaurant called Rosella. The beef rand any was superb.
Back in own room the sound of wildlife was very loud with various insects and frogs doing their best to outshoot each other. However, they couldn't compete with the Muezin who began his calls to prayer about 4am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.339s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.2402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb