Around Yogyakarta - To Prambanan


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Yogyakarta
November 4th 2013
Published: November 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today we explored the sights of Yogyakarta. With chameleons on shoulders, we visited the Palace, Tamansari water castle, the underground mosque, the Sultans Palace. So good day of tourism and learning a thing or two.

Later in the afternoon, we got a local bus to Prambanan. The funny thing was, Benny was holding the chameleons in their cage and the bus ticket man said we were not allowed on the bus with creatures. So we walked away down the road, squished down the metal cage and put Dewi and Jonny in Benny's bum bag (fanny pack if you prefer).

The bus journey was long, but once there we found a hotel right opposite the gates to Prambanan temple ruins. Nate and I chilled with a beer and ate in a local warung down the street, sat on bamboo mats with our chicken and rice. Benny saw an equivalent to KFC and ate there.

Back at the hotel, we chilled with Dewi and Jonny (I think the lads were getting attached to these creatures). Not to mention that when these creatures are hungry are evil! Feeding time can be intense.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0777s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb