Mount Bromo


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Mount Bromo
May 23rd 2007
Published: May 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Interesting bus journey to probolinggo, then change for cemoro lewang to get to mount bromo. local people mounting buses tying to sell stuff or get money (interesting to see the differences of how this is done in different countries) - here, they just throw it on your lap & come back hoping it convinced you to buy. i learnt the knack of avoiding buying anything very quickly, despite being western, yeay! many others hopping on, singing very loud songs with their little guitars & shaky things, making some kind of noise, often very badly off-key...gets a little painful after a while!

arrived at mount bromo late evening.
Up ridiculously early to see the sunrise - rode up on motorbike, watching the stars over the mountain - completely amazing, riding through the gorgeous scenery, wind sweeping over us, stars above. loved it!
at viewpoint..enjoyed the glorious rising of the sun, views of beautiful Gunung Penanjakan & Semaru, then climbed up the active volcano & watched it do its stuff. fantastic to be so close, looking down into it, but serious smell of sulphur that got quite sickening after a while. really felt like i was at the ends of the earth, deserted in the middle of nowhere...& that was wonderful. spent a good while just taking it all in...look at the photos, hope you can see what i mean!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb