Ijen Festival. When Young Bodowoson try to lift up their Regency.


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Ijen Plateau
June 13th 2012
Published: June 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Early This June 2012, I was joining Ijen Festival (the story is http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/Isam-si-Isam/Trips/19728).(if the link not working,just click the trips)

The festival was initiated by a group of local Youths that love travelling and want to lift up Bondowoso to the world's traveling stage. According to the committee, They will make the festival as an annual event in Bondowoso.
Lucky them that the regent of Bondowoso supported them,so in term of funding the event,it was not really matter for them. But a bit surprise for Me that there is no member of local tourism department there to watch and check how the festival is going on (maybe some of them were there on the opening ceremony). I want to say to them:"Hello guys..!! this is actually your job."

With some participant come from other countries to join the festival.the responsibility given to the committee also higher.If something happen to the participant,who is going to be blamed? it is the committee maybe.But when the festival is success, I believe the tourism department in Bondowoso especially,and tourism of East Java in general will also have a share in appreciation from who and whatever that appreciated the event.

The theme of the festival is Language and Cultural Exchange. All participant are required to share their language and culture to local family and students.They are even staying with local family during the 3days event. As a return, the participant are treated with a trip to ijen crater and white water rafting in Bondowoso.

I raise my hat to all members of the committee for their hard work to make the event run smooth. As far as I know,none of them experienced to held this kind of event neither invited to this kind of event before,but for 1st timer they have done good job.of course mistake happened,but they can find solution for it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb