The beautiful yet devastatingly destructive Bromo


Advertisement
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Bromo Tengger Semeru
May 19th 2015
Published: June 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

The idea of getting close to an active volcano known to cause mass destruction was exciting for us and was actually one of the main reasons we wanted to come to Indonesia. The closest either of us had been to an active volcano was when P travelled central america and went to Guatemala but it was too dangerous to get close enough to see into the crater.  Unsure exactly how beautiful the scenary w... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 21


Advertisement











24th June 2015
Mount Bromo is the smoking one in left hand corner

Perfect adventurers!
You've done it again--carved out your own path, avoided the masses, saw gorgeous sights others didn't get to see and saved money to boot. I so admire that you got up for the trek after only three hours of sleep. Lazy bones here, I'd have waited an extra day, but good for you. See you soonish in Peru!
25th June 2015
Mount Bromo is the smoking one in left hand corner

Perfect adventurers
Thank you. It was a tough call at the time as we were the only ones doing so at the time. We did meet another couple later in the trip who were rewarded for doing the same although they never made it to the crater. This was one of the most rewarding things we ever could have ever done. It was not just the sunrise at the viewpoint or the views from the crator that was great but the journey across the vast sea of sand was insanely beautiful and we got to enjoy it all to ourselves.
25th June 2015
Our view of volcanoes from Mount Pananjakan

Beautiful
Now there's a print to hang on your wall if I ever saw one! It looks incredible.
25th June 2015
Our view of volcanoes from Mount Pananjakan

Beautiful
Thanks guys, we may just do that!! We'll need new stuff to put on on our walls of our new abode when we return.
25th June 2015

Brilliant Bromo
We did Java in a December/January amazing journey. Stayed overlooking the Bromo crater for 4 days. But though we had a fabulous time, it was wet season, and it was impossible to get clear views as good as yours. Often think we have to go back in dry season as I agree, the views as shown in your pics are stunning.
26th June 2015

Brilliant Bromo
Wow I understand why you stayed much longer to appreciate those views. We would have if it was not for being unable to find anywhere better to stay on a budget. Wow, we heard it had been raining continuously before we arrived although it didn't even cross our minds that this may have affected the visibility. We were really lucky then. I think I also will be back there again. There is nothing like those incredible views!!
26th June 2015

Crater de Bromo....
Each week when I open your blog .... I think, ok what adventure will I read about this week. A trek worthy of the time and effort. Plus the satisfaction of sticking to your plan. What a marvelous achievement. We experienced sunrise at a crater in Hawaii and it was stunning and moonlike. Incredible views.
28th June 2015

Crater de Bromo
Theres always some sort of adventure to be had travelling. We also think about a particular place in terms of its feel or attraction before we get there not expecting the particular adventure up ahead. Theres always some surprises packed in lol. Thanks for you comments.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb