BOROBUDUR: Universe on Earth


Advertisement
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Borobudur
February 7th 2012
Published: February 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

BOROBUDUR: Universe on Earth. To reach enlightenment at Borobudur...claims to be the largest temple in the World... the largest Buddhist...the Universe on Earth...the pilgrim must cross a river...wading in waist deep water...visit a small temple...wade across a 2nd river...2nd temple...then Borobudur...the object of the quest. On entering the temple site...a ritual is to be followed. I had trav... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 75, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

TIME TO DESCENDTIME TO DESCEND
TIME TO DESCEND

to the real world...with new eyes



7th February 2012

A really fascinating story and excellent pictures!
To travel the world is an endless quest, full of surprises and a steep learning curve. This account of such a mysterious and spiritual place is trully fascinating, to say the least. Very nice blog and BOROBUDUR: Universe on Earth, is well presented and the pictures are great! All of the best! Keep well. Greetings!
7th February 2012

THANKS DINO
Great to hear from you. A beautiful spiritual place...beautifully preserved and presented...a place Java can be very proud of. Glad you enjoyed my blog and made the time to comment.
8th February 2012

You let the cat out of the bag....
.....and I was going to accuse you of letting the side down, but as it happens, Bintang gave me a dickey stomach for a couple of days and I subsequently went over to the Anker which wasn't a bad drop of stuff. The temple looks absolutely amazing and yet despite it being thousands of miles away I can almost see echoes of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom in your wonderful pictures. I love the peace and serenity that these places always seem to have and even at over touristed sites, I feel that if you close your eyes for a moment you can almost touch and feel the spirituality that reside there....well with the exception of Balinese temples that is, but that is of course another story ;)
8th February 2012

CONNECTION TO ANGKOR WAT
The extensive material & research at Borobudur included in the Audio Visual that the pilgrim trail from India through Asia included both Angkor Wat and Borobudur as significent destinations...as if there was a spiritual connection. The initial concept of the trip was to be at Borobudur on Christmas Day...to me it has always been a mystical destination...and I can now say it exceeded my expectations. Java I certainly saw with new eyes...and a jolly good time we had...as usual serendipity a plenty.
8th February 2012

Enlightened one...
So sorry to hear that you were unwell Dave. Great blog and a gorgeous panoramic!
8th February 2012

THANKS CHRIS & AMY
A comment from the intrepid travellers...much appreciated...my illness...helped make a better story...making the most of any situation. Keep well & enthused you guys.
8th February 2012

Great Blog!
Sorry to hear you got sick - feels wierd being the photographers subject doesnt it? I wonder how they will describe us when they share their holiday snaps around....he was 26 feet tall and an AUSTRALIAN!!!
8th February 2012

THANKS CINDY
Nice to hear from the Littlewing...great name by the way...sounds enlightened to me...illness...can't let it get in the way of a good story..!
10th February 2012

Christmas Day?
Arghhh... if you can believe it we would of been there at the same time! We spent a couple of weeks in Jogja around Christmas time, certainly no in and out for us either :). Could of hooked up! That's the problem with blogs being written after the event... in my case months later at the moment. Serious blog lag! Only four countries to catch up on!!! :) Safe travels...
10th February 2012

THANKS MICHAELnFAYE
Christmas Day at Borobudur...rained all day...tourists to saturation...just ask TB Rich...he had a bummer...we however were lucky...! What day were you there? Would have been nice to hook up...we are always into a good time...as my blogs testify.

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb