Bali...enjoying Ku De Ta and rafting the Ayung River


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
July 1st 2009
Published: July 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Lombok is not that far from Bali. We first intended to take the fast boat...but when I found out it was double the price than flying...well, we were on another flight. This time only 20 minutes, just the time to go up and down on a Fokker 50 from another Indonesian airlines...but a rather "not old" plane!

Welcome to the Island of the Gods. I know that for most people this is a paradise and a destination in itself. For us it is another fun stop-over this time. 2 nights spent enjoying Bali. First, what you won't see this time. The Four Seasons in Ubud...I wish, but a little over-budget for this trip...second, the Mola Mola,also known as sunfish. A fish that can reach 3 meters in diameter...while not more than 20 cm large. Why you won't see it...because we didn't dive here, and if you want to see it, come here from August to October, you'll have more chances!

So what you will see is some very happy faces. The first day...we spent it in Nusa Dua in our hotel doing NOTHING! Yes, well...to be more precise, I was working on my computer...which is not nothing, and Leslie and Ma'ri were at the swimming pool. We spent a romantic evening later on at Ku De Ta (without Leslie)....a good 30 minutes drive from Nusa dua, but one of my prefered nightspots in the world, and I had to share it with Ma'ri.

Second day, another quiet morning, and another great breakfast...before going for 80 minutes drive to Ubud for our little rafting trip. This time it's down the Ayung River. If you are here to look for some adrenaline, forget about it. We had a succession of class II and class III rapids. I've stopped to count them down the middle of the Ayung Canyon. But if you have an 8 years old little "Indiana Jones" at home, this is paradise. So we had fun, we laugh, we got wet...and Bali will remain a great souvenir for Leslie...not for the crap beaches...but rather for THE rafting trip!

Next entry...wait few days, more sun, more love...and maybe a little more white sand!


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



1st July 2009

Nice break...
Well, you've got to have a break somehow! But really, that's a great break. I would have been amazed where you guys get the energy the way you guys are going. Family trips are really on a different league! Cheers!

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb