Baliiii


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
June 19th 2009
Published: June 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After much consideration, I've decided to scratch the city destinations- Hong Kong & Taipei & Seoul from my itinerary for the beautiful island of Bali. After a full 5 weeks of adventures, a final 6 days of beach bumming, sunshine, and a little surfing just make sense. It will make for a nice wrap up of Oceania & SE Asia.

It is approximately close to midnight in Bali, and I am le tired...went bumpin on a banana boat, parasailed, snorkeled & fed fishies, hugged a turtle, held a bat, got a snake wrapped around my neck, kissed(almost) an iguana, and walked over long long lOong stretches of seashells and sharp rocks barefoot(certain Bali beaches are very rocky). I'm now off to bed to wake up early for a nice morning swim in the Indian Ocean and then surfing @ Kuta Beach, followed by a 3 hour whitewater rafting trip up & down Bali waterfalls.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

First Indonesian MealFirst Indonesian Meal
First Indonesian Meal

Mie Goreng-- to which I am addicted. It's essentially ramen with egg on top. But delicious!
Kuta BeachKuta Beach
Kuta Beach

Attempting to surf with Ann
White Water RaftingWhite Water Rafting
White Water Rafting

With the Dawala crew...the balinese lova-wanna-be boys.
Rice TerraceRice Terrace
Rice Terrace

Way rice is cultivated on the island of Bali
At the top of Mt. BaturAt the top of Mt. Batur
At the top of Mt. Batur

Enjoying sunrise with view of Batur lake, largest lake on Bali island, at the top of Mt. Batur, an active volcano.
SunriseSunrise
Sunrise

I can't remember the last time I actually watched the sun rise. Mmm :).
Hike Back to BaseHike Back to Base
Hike Back to Base

Did all this in the dark with one flashlight for 3 people.
Lava coming?Lava coming?
Lava coming?

It's an active volcano. No lie.
Lava depositsLava deposits
Lava deposits

On the hike down


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb