Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
August 12th 2014
Published: August 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We reached the homestay just as the sun was beginning to set which made all the beautiful Balinese buildings look even more magical. I quickly put my stuff down in the room, freshened up and was out the door so I could catch a glimpse of the town before the sun set. I walked up Hanoman street, where our homestay Tu Eka is located, and then down Monkey Forest Street where I found a nice little place to eat a light dinner. My cold was really starting to kick in by now so I enjoyed a large cup of jasmine tea after dinner and went home early to get a good night rest. Victoria was on the same flight as me, just a day later, so Nyomen and his wife picked her up from the airport and she got in late on the 9th. I woke up feeling really sick, but luckily after taking some cold medicine and laying around an extra hour, I was feeling well enough to do some exploring. Victoria and I dropped off my laundry, which was way overdue, and the ate lunch at a beautiful outdoor temple-esque restaurant. Afterwards we walked around the town and then made our trek to the edge to try and find the rice fields to explore. We couldn't quite locate the street that google maps was trying to point us towards, but instead stumbled upon a narrow alley with a sign and arrow saying rice fields ahead. The alley wrapped around a few buildings, an outdoor bar, and then finally opened up to fields and fields of rice paddies as far as we could see. It was absolutely beautiful and so peaceful. We walked for about 30 minutes through the fields before turning back and heading into town again. On the way home we decided to buy tickets to the Balinese dance show at a picturesque outdoor temple. Just as we thought we were headed home to rest before dinner and the show, we stopped at a spa and got massages and a facial, both treatments less than $10! Might as well take advantage! We earned it after walking around all day, right? We went home, freshened up, picked up my laundry, and then went for a yummy traditional Balinese dinner and the show. It was a great day and we were truly worn out after everything so we head home and went to sleep early, because in the morning we were off to Padangbai for scuba diving!!

Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0114s; 1; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb