This could be Rotterdam, or anywhere...


Advertisement
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
January 13th 2012
Published: January 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

As I write this blog from the ‘comforts’ of a Bangkok cafe, awaiting our Myanmar visa which should arrive in the next few hours, I’m struck by the delicate tightrope of fortune that we often walk whilst travelling. On the day we left Indonesia, a large earthquake struck the western shores of Sumatra, just off the coast of Banda Aceh, the place where a 2004 earthquake and subsequent tsunami k... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




16th January 2012

BEAUTIFUL BLOG
Captured the charm and allure of Indonesia beautifully in your blogs...we confined to Krakatau & Java...but your blogs have inspired us to further isles of Indonesia...so thank you for that. May your travels in Myanamar be safe & rewarding.
17th January 2012

:)
Arghhh... when were you in Ubud? I fear we may have been there at the same time but missed each other, a problem when suffering from Blog lag. Your write up of Ubud was spot on. We went direct from Surubaya in Java (via south Bali, by plane) and although Indonesia is relatively more expensive than other SE Asian countries nothing prepared us for the wander up the street in Ubud looking for lunch!!!!!! We must of stopped at about 15 menus before finding the cheapest option, only to then get served portions which wouldn't satiate a starving sparrow!!! :( Weather wasn't great for us either but we did have some short dry spells, enough to get out for a short while on a bike anyway... Enjoy Myanmar, somewhere else on our list for the future. Mike.
1st February 2012

We were there around the 12th of Jan
Would have been fun to meet up, but like you say, writers delay! Where did you get to on the bikes?
17th January 2012

I'm from Indonesia, btw - your images captured my country nicely :)
18th January 2012

The long journey continues.
Absolutely stunning photos of portrait pictures, you capture them brilliantly. the chocolate has anti-melt-a-lot ingredients so hasn't got the taste of an English one. Linda and myself love Bangkok and Thailand in general.we meet Michael and Faye there in April for the journey home. You stay safe and enjoy your travels, Regards Paul.
1st February 2012

Its funny you mention that
because we both thought there was something missing in the taste! Hope you enjoy your upcomming trip then! We're meeting our fathers soon in Nepal - always good to have a reunion!
20th January 2012

Ahh.....
...you found the Dairy Milk too! I haven't had a bar in years! Shame it goes so limp in this tropical heat though!

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb