First adventures


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
May 29th 2011
Published: May 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hey our beloved ones,



about one week ago we took off in London to start our five month trip through Southeast Asia.
First Stop: INDONESIA.

After a more or less stressfull 17 hours flight with one stopover in Abu Dhabi we've landed in Jakarta around 3 pm. About 35 degrees and we were, dressed in Jeans and hoodies, sweating our tits off. We picked a taxi at the airport to bring us to the residence where we stay. It was one stressfull hour in the car and Arie decided everything that happened on this roadtrip was IMPOSSIBLE. Quote Arie: "They can't get away with that!!" Obviously they can. Forget about traffic rules. There aren't any!
After we drove through thousands of little streets we got finally to our place. Nice, clean and EXPENSIVE ( unfortunately we figured that out in the end!).
Jakarta itself wasn't very exciting. Lots of smog and too busy. The Muhezin woke us up in the morning at 4 am and it was quite hard to fall back asleep. After 2 days we were happy to leave this city.


Next station: BALI
After our 2 hours flight we landed in Denpasar and Hannah and Kimi were happy immediately. Let's show Arie Padang Bai. Haggling - Taxi - There we are.
We checked in in our well known beloved accomodation from last year and bought some BINTANG. yeah...
We decided that it's time to recover from our stressfull Jakarta-Experience and spend the next 3 days on the beach. Result Hannah and Arie: Crevetten. Well tanned in a light rose.
In the evenings we enjoyed lovely food in different restaurants and went to Babylon Bar to see our friends and get some ARAK. One night of more than 2 glasses of that stuff and the next day doesn't happen. Kimis head nearly exploded.
Yesterday we packed our stuff and left to Ubud - this peaceful village in the mid of Bali. Here we are now. Completely over our budget, cause we can't stay away from shops, wellness, healthy drinks and food. Today's our last night. Leaving tomorrow back to Padang Bay to probably start a few day trips on the motorbikes and get smashed on Arak again. At the end of the week a boat will take us to the Gili Islands. Happy days.

Till you hear from us again we wish everybody a merry christmas and a happy new year.
Ciao for now. Lots of Love
Your three chickens

Advertisement



30th May 2011

hallo meiden
Leuk jullie eerste belevenissen te lezen. dat Ariƫt nog op de moter durft na haar ervaring met de taxi in Jakarta. Veel plezier kippetjes!!! We keep in touch!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb