Art shopping in Ubud


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
July 18th 2008
Published: July 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

GIANT painting we bought; I love the vibrant red texture in thisGIANT painting we bought; I love the vibrant red texture in thisGIANT painting we bought; I love the vibrant red texture in this

Now we just need to rent or buy a place with a wall big enough to hang this on!!
025 - Indonesia - Ubud

07/18/08 - 07/25/08

Art shopping in Ubud

We stopped by Ubud, Bali to do some art shopping and little bit of pampering. You may recall Hannah's story a few months ago when we went for the first time. Ubud is the cultural heart of Bali and also the creative hub for all the arts. In addition to paintings you can find sculptures, home appliances, gold, silver, batik... pretty much anything. We bought a couple of great abstract art pieces as well as a gigantic 'ninja' painting. The tricky part will be finding enough wall space to hang these up!

We also pampered ourselves with a two hour body massage/scrub/mask treatment at a spa. That's not usually my sort of thing but I'd be lying if I said it was anything short of fantastic. It's probably one of the best and cheapest (our treatment was only about $12 each) places to get a massage in the world!

Finally we headed to Bangkok for a couple of days do run a few last minute errands before heading to India. On one of the nights we met up with Anna and Tomek, an awesome couple we initially met on Gili Air, and they gave us much needed advice for surviving India's idiosyncrasies.

All in all, a relaxing few days... next stop Delhi, India!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



28th July 2008

Bali
WOW, what an amazing ninja painting and my favorite color!! I wish I was there shopping the culture with you two. Be safe in India...can't wait to see those pics. Mucho love! Marisa
30th July 2008

Lady in red painting
Love the fact that there are camels in her eyes!
2nd August 2008

Art Shopping
I love following your travels and living vicariously through you two! Keep 'em coming! That giant painting reminds me of the National Geographic cover "Afghan Girl". Must be the eyes. Much Love guys.
4th August 2008

Please explain!
"Monthly PUBLIC creamation PaRaDe!" For those of us that have significant cultural deficiencies, What does this imply and mean?

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb