dreamit is dreamin'


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
March 17th 2007
Published: March 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Huhhhhh? Whaaaat day is it???? Whaaat month is it???? The fan kachunks over head, the morning is always the same - breakfast on my terrace; customs of bali and maybe some balinese dance (oh, can I just watch YOU, Surya (a man) do this extraordinary transformation with just one movement into a creature of the forest with grace and mystery?)
Yesterday we climbed into a van and headed to this sacred spring - a (again, the word mossy comes to mind) temple with pools and stone spouts, each one representing some aspect of ourselves we needed help with (bad things being said about us, jealousy, laziness). You stand in waist-deep water under each spout as cool, fresh, pure spring water pours over your head. Dressed in sarong and tank top - getting completely and modestly wet. At last - purified! It was like being in an old Roman Bath or Tivoli where the water flowed freely.
Great experience.......later we ended up an hour away at the beach in Sanur to see a ceremony of thousands of people in procession; wearing their ceremony "best" - us, too in our silk sarongs and temple scarves wound around our waists...processing and carrying Hindu - Balinese images from their temples; tall, colored umbrellas; women with the classic fruit offerings atop their heads...
whew!
And me having to be careful with my camera battery!!! What an exercise in selective shooting....
The next day (today) I have been wandering around trying to see if anyone knew what was going on with my charger plus battery. Unable to solve, but I do have one battery that works - so i'll get whatever images I'll get. You would all be amazed to see Kira riding around on the back of a motorcycle with some local taking me to every electronic store that might be able to help. No one spoke any english either......
Jeannie and Jeff and I have a favorite restaurant now - we eat 3 dinners of whatever - rice, vegs, chicken, plus 3 avocado salads (all avocado w/lime and garlic and salt) plus beers and/or lemon ices and the total for the whole meal is $4.60 FOR ALL 3 OF US!!
I see why people never leave this place!
And it still has the sweetness, the dreaminess, the gentleness.....at least up here in Ubud. I think it is that way all over bali except maybe for the big beach place - Kuta. I've hear you do not want to go there...
okay....
thass all for now..........

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb