bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Seminyak
July 25th 2009
Published: July 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I am typing this message from Adam's iPhone using the wifi network at our hotel. I'm sitting on a recliner by the pool sipping a diet coke (diet coke was nowhere to be found for the first two months of the trip, so I've been having a daily worship session every day since Malaysia).
Adam is currently in our room sleeping off medication drowsiness. We made another trip to a clinic here in Bali for a new abscess on his elbow. This time he got an antibiotic injection, oral antibiotics and cream. This was quite a different experience than Vietnam. We went to a private travelers clinic that is Aussie owned and operated. They were practically serving us wine and cheese while we waited. God bless health insurance because they include the refreshment costs in the "consultation fee". The doctor said Adam should be feeling better in a couple of days and even ran an allergy test before giving him the antibiotics. There is a section of the hospital reserved for anti-aging treatments (just so you have an idea of how bling bling it was).
So what does this mean in terms of our surf lessons? The doctor gave us some waterproof bandages but we swung by the surf shop and switched our lessons to next week. They said there was no problem (in their surfer dude way). Basically they told us to show up whenever we want. Perfect.
Our first day of surf lessons went really well. The waves here are enormous, so when you fall, you fall hard. I got upon my first attempt, which made Adam a little jealous but was not at all representative of the rest of my performance. The biggest challenge for me is following the sequence to get up at the perfect time, I tend to try to early and then proceed to get smoked by the wave. Adam's biggest challenge is spreading his legs wide enough so the back end doesn't sink. Our Indonesian surfer dude instructors are hilarious. They just yell random things and laugh at us. It's great.
When we got back to the surf shop, we found out that the surf school had a photographer out taking photos of us. The pictures are awesome and we can buy a compilation cd of all three days at the end. It costs an arm and a leg, but I don't even care, they are some darn good photos. I have the next couple days to build my case to Adam as well.
We are going to take it easy the next couple of days while Adam's arm gets better and honestly there couldn't be a better place to do it.

More soon and lots of love,

Nicole/poke/coco xoxoxoxox

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb