Bali, Singapore again! and New Zealand!!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Nusa Dua
February 24th 2009
Published: February 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Is that Dad on the right??Is that Dad on the right??Is that Dad on the right??

We were there for feeding time, and were able to sit with a family of Orangutangs
This will be our last entry about Bali (Waaaaaaaa) I'll just tell you about the hotel well-some of the other hotels had their own turtle/elephant 's but this one had it's own beach with white sand and the clearest sea I've ever seen.

The night before we left, we went to see a Kechak dance at a temple in Puta Wasu, it was about Rama and Sita. The evil monster Ravana had kidnapped Sita, and Rama and the magic King, and Monkey god Hanuman were trying to save her. At one point - Hanuman got caught, and the giants (bad guys) tried to burn him to death.....but as soon as they put him on the fire Hanuman started doing a funny little dance on top of the fire! (coconut husks, set on fire by the dancers) kicking it, walking over it and who knows what else.

On the way to New Zealand, we stopped in Singapore for two days. Where do I start? We did loads there.....to get to different placed we went on skytrains, MRT (tube train), taxis. We saw the “First ever world class water show” on Sentosa Island, we have some pictures of that. We went
Well worth the wait....Well worth the wait....Well worth the wait....

Singapore skyline as the sun goes down
in a cable car over the city that was at least 150m high. We asked for a glass floor, which afterwards we decided was a not such a good idea. We went to the zoo, where we saw - Monkeys, Orangutangs, cheetas, leopards, lions, kimodo dragons, worlds second biggest tortoise, giraffes, pigmy hippos, white rhino - ha ha ha!!! Crocodiles, a white tiger - which are now completely extinct in the wild - thanks a lot poachers!, snakes, bush babies and lots lots more.

Yet again we stayed in the wonderful Crowne Plaza, Our last night in Luxury, and Mum met Ratty from Barmouth! (Where we live)

Mum made us sit for an hour and a half to get the sunset over the high rise - and it was worth it!

Now in New Zealand heading towards the Bay of Islands.......Once again, thanks for all your comments and messages. The Poons, Nalani, Freya, Eric we got yours when we landed in Singapore - thanks.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Singapore Cable CarSingapore Cable Car
Singapore Cable Car

.....not Dad's favourite, but spectacular views....
Water show on Sentosa IslandWater show on Sentosa Island
Water show on Sentosa Island

and we nearly got very wet.
What a beach....What a beach....
What a beach....

Can't believed we had our own beach club....backpacking, I don't think so!
The Pool at the Grand BaliThe Pool at the Grand Bali
The Pool at the Grand Bali

Oli swam a length!!!!
After the Kekak DanceAfter the Kekak Dance
After the Kekak Dance

This is the dancer who played the golden deer that lured Rama away from Sita


24th February 2009

What next!!
Delighted to hear you are having so much fun, we love your picture of the gorillas but we couldn't see Oliver anywhere had you lost him!! Take care all of you and keep the news coming in. Lots of hugs Nana and Grandad
24th February 2009

All together now...
Ooh, ooh, ooh, I want to be like you, ooh, ooh......!!!!!
25th February 2009

Time flies!
Hannah and Ollie, I can't believe you are already in New Zealand and it is so long since we commented, but we have been following your travels and adventures. What a fantastic time you are all having and just when I think it can't get any better you send something even more exciting. Thank you so much for the postcards - 5 to date (no one is to get jealous if they aren't getting postcards too, it's a private deal as Jamie doesn't do the computer!). Looking forward to the next instalment and tell Dad we haven;'t been rowing yet but the weather is getting better and we hope to go down the estuary at the weekend. Lots of love to Mum and see you all soon. Take care and keep safe. Jamie and Jayne. Missing you all, Thursday nights just aren't the same!
26th February 2009

THERE you are!
Sounds like you are having amazing adventures. Have fun in NZ. xx
27th February 2009

Hello to our lovely Wales family. The Courtyard family ( Pujan and I, as well as Kim and several of the guests whom I have also shared your blog with) have all been following your adventures through Singapore, Bali and New Zealand. Congrats, Hannah on your snorkeling outing. Way to go, Oliver on learning to swim!We also really love the photos of all of you encircled by gorillas- Too cute!!! We also can't thank you enough for the kind words you had to say about us and the Courtyard on the Tripadvisor site. It is absolutely our pleasure to host such incredible families as yours. Kudos to you, Ian and Helen, for exposing your children to the world at a young age. There should be more parents like you!
4th March 2009

hello well it look's like your all having a fab time,, lovely to see al the pics, are you all missing home yet.. have a lovely time erin, cai, osh

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb