Prawns on the beach


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Nusa Dua
November 20th 2008
Published: January 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Bali
Back on Bali we avoided the extortionate taxis at the airport and walked out of the parking lot with our luggage. We eventually hailed down a cab to take us to Nusa Dua which would be our home for the next night before flying on to Singapore. We got on so well with our cab driver that we decided to hire him for the rest of the day. We had a busy day planned, first stop, was the temple at Uluwatu, this was quite pretty, but to be honest not that great, too many plastic fires being set off. We then headed to Dreamland for sunset to take pictures of all the surfers that we had been told about. When we arrived there were no surfers and no surf. I ventured in for a quick dip and then dried off and headed to Discovery mall for some last minute shopping. We then went to Jimbaran for dinner on the beach. This was the highlight of my day, fresh fish, cold beer and good company. Great fun.
We went back to our hotel for a good nights sleep before having to wake up early to take an early morning flight to Singapore.
We stayed at the Melia Spa hotel, it was huge. It was OK, but to be honest wouldn’t really stay there again.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.408s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0783s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb