Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Lovina
December 19th 2014
Published: December 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hello to all our bloggers,

After five days of being in Bali, we have finally stettled into traveling mode. Arriving in Denparsar and spending only two days in Kuta very nice but not for us It is hard to be a traveler and not a tourist, not purchasing the trinkets and the wears of the very talented Balineese people. But as we live by the rule if you buy it you have to carry it,and someone's put a brick in my back pack. We traveled on to Ubud which is North of Kuta for those who haven't travel to Ubud. Well how I would best describe it would be little yuppie hippie yoga spa arty layback place We loved it. Cafes and resturaunts line the streets with mixture of spas and assortment of little shops.Set in the hills of Bali surrounding jungles and rice paddies and small villages and good walking routes. We then travel to Lovina at the North of the island. When we arrived we thought humm bit of a down and out sort of place, but as we walked along the beach (which may I add not the typical Bali beach as it is black volcanic sand and the locals which don't keep Bali tidy ) we found local children having lots of fun a then most of the locals do sweep the beach and scattered hotel and bungalows quite lovely a small town which clearly is trying to emerge as a once again small shops with local trinkets and bars cafe etc we walked about 12 Klm that day though villages and beaches drank tea and lemon swam in the ocean which was very clean and reefs not far from the beach.We ate marlin from the bbq which was served with coriander and chilli it was delicious , a elderly gentleman called Putu cooked it for us he was a lovely fella. Today we travel on to Java catching the ferry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



21st December 2014

Sounds like a great start
Sounds like a great start to your fantastic holiday. Loving the updates we are seeing and can't wait to show the kids where Aunt Suzanne and Uncle Glen are! Keep enjoying (and updating) love to you both
21st December 2014

Thanks sweetie
Thanks Leila we are having a great time hopefully the blogs will get better Have a lovely Christmas you Justin and the kids,love to you all Auntie Suzanne and Uncle Glen

Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb