The DG's do Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Lovina
August 12th 2011
Published: August 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tahiti has been spoiled for many years, but Bali is one of the few cultures with origins in one of the great ancient cultures which is still alive. -Arthur Erickson

We left Legian, Kuta and Seminyal behind . We drove thru winding roads with Lake Bantan on one side and the mountains on the other. Lush green villages dotted with stone temples; square columns with triangular roofs outfitted in sarongs and sashes announced by weaved palm leaves like giant arches. We have started our road trip with plans to see three more cities and everything the roads have to offer on the way; temples and hot springs , markets and monuments. Balinese Hinduism is very different than what I have seen before . Today we saw the god of the book in the 2nd most important temple in all of Bali. For respect we must wear a sarong and a sash, part of the traditional clothing. City centers are what you might expect , traffic and shops, markets , a few museums and monuments. We have learned about the Dutch and Hindu influences in the museums in Denpasar and Sangarajh . One museum included the library , that has the largest collection of lontar, palm leaf manuscripts than fold up like an accordion . We saw the volcano in the distance and soaked in sulphur hot springs. At night we will have dinner at a beachside restaurants and laugh the night away.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb