A perfect place to escape winter


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Legian
June 15th 2011
Published: June 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The weather has been fanastic here, high twenties during the day and low twenties at night. The hotel we are staying at is very good and it's right on the beach. It's very tropical and the breakfast they provide is excellent with a choice of western and Indonesian food.

We arrived at 10pm Sunday night and were met at the airport by the hotel mini bus, after checking in we caught up with Phil and Chris before calling it a night. Next day we went surfing after breakfast and did some shopping in the afternoon, I bought the obligatory Bintang singlet and Eleanor bought some small souvenirs. That night we ate at a Pub up the road from the hotel, the whole snapper was very tasty. They are really good at splitting the bill here, as well as Phil and Chris we have our friends Tony and Julie here with us; when we order we are given a number, for example Eleanor and I might be number 1, whilst the others will be 2 and 3. When the bill arrives everyones order is correctly allocated to their number.

Tuesday and Wednesday consisted of a surf in the morning and a massage in the afternoon, I've rented a few different boards here and found a good one on Wednesday, it was quite new and a good size for me, just a little shorter then the one I ride at home. The board hire is very reasonable, about $3 an hour though it's OK if you have it for a bit longer. Eating out is good value, for example my whole Snapper with Balinese sauce and veggies was about $7.50. Massages are also cheap though the price varies a bit depending on where you go, we paid about $8.00 for an hour at a really nice place that provided transport and $5 at a place up the road, both were good massages. The beers are cheap and cold, on the beach you get a chair to sit in and a icy cold beer for about $1.50, it's a great place to watch the sunset.

Last night (Wednesday) we watched the State of Origin at a restaurant close to where we were staying. There was a big crowd and the majority were NSW supporters, the atmosphere was great and it was good to see NSW finally win a game. We then had dinner at a restaurant called "The Balcony", the food was really good and they made a good margarita.

Today we went back to the beach for some more surfing, I used the same board as yesterday, it's a good board and I'm surprised to find it for rent. Lunch was back at the Balcony then a swim in the Infinity pool where we are staying, it's an adults only pool. Mummy and Maribel arrive tonight so we are looking forward to seeing them. Tomorrow we'll have another massage and look around the shops, I'll go for a surf in the morning. Saturday we are taking a tour up tp Ubud and surrounding area, we'll try the suckling pig a local delicacy.

Hope you enjoy the photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



17th June 2011
Beach Babe

Who's that girl?
Is that Pamela Anderson

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb