merry xmas


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Legian
December 30th 2008
Published: December 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

hi everybody
hope alls well back at home, were currently having a whale of a time.
The past couple of days we felt we should go out and see a bit of bali , so me lea ,my mate craig and his new wife carlie borrowed nicks driver.(our other friend from home ) its like a hull reunion out here.
we went out to a monkey sanctuary, theres around 300 apparently running free, lee had them sat on her lap,craig had them on his head.an i had them swinging off my trousers.(all the photos will be up within a week or so, its just hard work with internet access out here its so slow)
then we went to a temple, the highlight being my mate craig having to wear a dress sorry sarong.
Today craig and carlie left so me lea an nick hired the same driver and went to turtle island, lea has decided she wants a fruit bat for xmas after seeing them on the island. one of the turtles was around 100 kilos similiar to the ones we saw while snorkelling off gilli meno but closer up.
L ea was holding bats by their feet, turtles, snakes she was weary of the eagle though it was massive, then a glass bottom boat back it was good but then the highlight of the day.
after a two hour drive we ended up at an elephant sanctuary where we had headed to go rafting, we so wanted it to be great after all the hype and it was a hundred times better.Big nick sat at the front me an lea behind and our crazy guide at the back, after two minutes we had already dropped two 6 or 7 foot falls , then you sail through canyons of rocks and greenery, then the rain started and were not talking england rain this was like standing under a waterfall the whole time.
Im gutted i couldnt take any pictures cos of the rain but the views were stunning, and there must have been twenty or so big drops, the adrenaline was pumping.
That is definitley the highlight of my trip so far, well im sorry ive gone on so long but it may be a while before i get to write again
merry xmas and a happy new year nick an lea

Advertisement



Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb