Bali in 5 days!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
January 2nd 2015
Published: January 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

It's end of year, Kids vacation time and most important Anny’s (my wife) birthday on 20th so it was off to Bali for 6 days for the family to rest up and visit some interesting places in Bali. Through Travel BD we have completed our visa, ticket and hotel formalities in the beginning of December and planned to fly on 19thDec.

On 20th Morning we reached KL from DHK and catch a flight for Denpasar Bali @ 9 AM. The waiting time at KL airport was really hectic with 2 kids Zoheb (5 years old) and Rayan (1 year old). We reached Bali at around 12:30 PM but airport to hotel transfers just made life a little easier….thanks to Travel BD! We booked in to the Kuta Playa Hotel and Villa that is right in front of the Kuta beach.

Same day after having a refreshing shower we went to the Nusa Dua in the evening that is basically a beautiful area and known for 5 star complex’s hotel and at night we went to the Jimbaran for Anny’s birthday treat at the Aroma Bumbu (selected the restaurant as per the Trip Advisor’s review) but really very disappointed on the hygiene and test factor that we tried. In a nutshell the food was not worth on 13 Mn IDR at all and the drinks (Long island ice tea and Margarita) were the worst. After reaching Bali we experienced heavy rain for the entire day so we went back to the hotel after dinner.

21st Dec early morning we started for Suwung Village to see the most popular balinese cultural show, Barong and Keris Dance but due to heavy tourist season we could not manage any free spot hence we headed to the Celuk village to observe silversmith, making fine silver jewelry but I would recommend if possible ignore this place…..nothing interesting out there rather go for Tegenungan…..wow what a water fall! Sit in the valley, sip in Bintang (local beer) and you may take help of any Pink Floyed or Doors number to help you realize your life. I did the same and what an experience…..wify n kids also liked that place. From there we went to Kayuamba village to see the traditional Bali "Luwak" Coffee Processing, tropical fruit and Spice Garden. Tried different flavored coffee out there and headed for Kintamani, where we had lunch while enjoying Beautiful view of Vulcanic mt. Batur and lake Batur. Anybody having tracking and rock climbing addiction pls be informed that ya gotta start at 3 AM and if you are regular in doing this you may reach around 11 AM to the peak. After few drinks and light lunch we moved to Tirta Empul Temple (Holy spring water Temple) where many peoples having shower in a pond to be cured from disease but it’s a must visit for the photographers and who are in to the architectural passion.

22nd Dec we went to the Tohpati Village to see the Batik Ikat Home Industries (another place you may ignore) and from there we headed to the Besakih Temple aka The mother of all temples. This is another place for the photographers and arc gigs. While coming back to Kuta we stopped at the Bukit Jambul for the Rice terrace view and Sanur Beach.

23rd Dec we started with one of the most beautiful place named Tanah Lot Temple that is basically an off shore rocky temple with a magnificent view (must visit) and that we headed to the famous Padang Padang beach. Lots of people were surfing out there and my kids really had a good time here. After soaking for couple of hours we went to the Pandawa beach were I like the cliff view most and looking at the overcrowded oceanfront we’ve decided to head back to the Jimbaran for an authentic massage.



24th Dec as promised to my kids we spent the whole day in Kuta beach and hotels swimming pool. In the evening as well we were laying under the beach front umbrella and sipping on the Bintang. When it got dark we went to the Memorial road and walked through the Hard Rock Café till the Beachwalk mall to have dinner. Entire Kuta beach road peeps were in to the Christmas mode that was identical in everyone’s faces and dressings.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb