Bali, Kuta -Day 112, Day 113, 15th - 16th Nov


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
November 15th 2011
Published: September 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I now know the true meaning of a red eye flight, although it took me 30mind to be able to open them so I could see that! Two and half hours sleep after a really busy day not good! Anyway we got up and out to the airport no problem, and managed to get a bit of sleep on the plane.



So we arrived in Bali and it hit us that we haven't a clue what to do where to go etc, but sure what's new! So we are going through immigration only to find out you have to pay €20 for you visa. This is news to us and we have no cash on us and nothing in our current accounts and they don't take credit cards!!!



So we were like Fudge, what do we do now. Thankfully there was an ATM in the building that would give me cash out on my credit card so panic over. So we get our bags and Gs is vibrating again!!! Turns out, it doesn't matter which way the battery is in it still works!



Any way we manage to get through airport security and get a taxi and ask him to bring us to Kuta beach, he drops us at a random restaurant and we have some lunch while trying to figure out where to stay. Turns out most places don't supply hot water, so this task was way more difficult then any other so far.



So after looking at a few places we turned to Agoda.com to see if that would help, and G found a place that ticked all the boxes. Fed up at this stage we booked it, and then hailed a taxi, but the roads around Kuta are all one way so it took us ages to get there but when we did we were very happy. The place was really nice with a great swimming pool and they even made animals out of the towels 😊



We were staying the Febris which was about a 10 mins walk from the main part of Kuta. It was a stinking hot day so as soon as we checked in we hit the pool. Then we went to this really nice Asian restaurant for dinner, and then home to bed as we were both exhausted.



We only booked two nights in the Febris as our plan was to see as much of the island as possible, the next day we spent the morning by the pool and then had a wander around the shops, Kuta was very commercial, you couldn't take more then 2 steps without someone asking if you wanted transport accommodation or a massage. It was by far the most annoying out of all the places we had been so far.



Didn't love Kuta and would not rush back, it was all just geared toward the Australian tourist and very expensive, and then you had the Australians who were worse then the Brits in Spain!



The morning we were due to check out we still didn't know where we were going, so we got up early had breakfast checked out then got online and booked 3 nights in the Sri Bungalows in Ubud. Then we hit the streets looking for a taxi who would take us there for a reasonable price. Two hours later we were on our way.



Rx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb