K is for Kuta....


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
January 10th 2012
Published: January 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Kuta - Day 2

The breakfast at Un's is really good. Try their banana pancakes and fruit salad. Indonesian coffee is very strong, even more so than Starbucks in my opinion and it has a great full bodied taste. The best thing about breakfast was that it was complimentary. So far the cocktails are a bust in bali - they don't really know how to make proper drinks. But I must say the frozen margaritas was pretty good at Un's but they give you less than an hour of booze. So we went off searching for some cheap local Tequila and Vodka and free poured it ourself. Both tasted nasty by itself but in the margarita it was pretty good.

We decided to rent a scooter to explore the town - $5/day. It's been awhile since I have driven one, probably 5 months ago in Waikiki. Of course with luck it was full on rush hour. Driving in Kuta during rush hour is like playing frogger on red bull...to add to the bonus round the monsoon rain hit us hard. We were drenched, streets started to flood and visibility was poor. We drove around and got a bit lost because it was impossible to tell where you were when the rain was coming down that hard. After an hour of not killing ourself we aborted mission and went back to the hostel and had a scotch. The rest of the night it rained pretty hard so we stayed in and smoked some Cohibas and drank more scotch.

Day 3

It was nice to finally get some sun. It's been raining so much. It was the first time we actually had a chance to explore Kuta but on foot this time. There was this one main street that had all the bars and shops - at any given time this fashion show broke onto the street at this store front.
It was a weird site seeing these "models" in the store front doing the robot to house music...only i Kuta.

If you are in Bali you have to get a massage. It's about $6 for a full hour. I got a full body one but wasn't sure if I was suppose to go commando or not so I kept my board shorts on. The lady came in and asked if i could take it off, and I told her I couldn't.....she left and came back and gave me what looks like a shower cap with two holes in it. What the hell, I put it on...the massage was awesome. They literally go from head to toe....be warned they go pretty hard on your foot so some tears may roll down...but these ladies are strong and pro's.

Kuta has been fun and tomorrow we head to the East side in Nusa Dua.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb