Merry Christmas from Bali!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
December 24th 2007
Published: December 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Merry Christmas from Bali!!!

Our flight arrived late at night on the 18th into Denpasar airport - where we were met in arrivals by a guy with our names on a board! How exciting! Bruce (Sel's uncle) had very kindly arranged for someone to pick us up and take us to the hotel (Sri Rathi) in Ubud. Such a contrast to our Singapore hostel where there were 20 other beds in the room! Beautiful garden, pool and good breakfast! It was great to meet up with Bruce again and to meet little Joey and Nita! We spent a few days in Ubud wandering around the numerous little shops selling arts and crafts - a lot of hand carved wood and stone etc. And we had some amazing food for ridiculously cheap prices! In a restaurant called Ibu Rai we had 3 courses of impressively presented food as well as beer for 5 pounds each!

We're now down in Kuta (staying at Hotel Sorga) - which is totally different to Ubud! Loads of bars, restaurants, surfing shops and people trying to sell you absolutely everything! Here they try getting our attention by shouting things like 'hello darling, sunglasses for you' or 'aussie aussie aussie' ! Quite funny but a bit wearing after a while! Last night i was trying to take a photo of the sunset when a woman walked up in front of me waving some bracelets in my face!

Yesterday morning we hired a couple of body boards - actually managed to catch a few waves - was so much fun! Cheap too - it cost less than 2 quid to use both the boards for an hour! After that we had a swim in the hotel pool before getting a very late lunch, having a wander around the shops and then getting a massage! Neither of us could actually decide if we enjoyed it! Glad we did it though! Caught a pretty amazing sunset on the way back to the hotel, before heading out for another good meal. Stopped in a bar on the way home and ended up staying for ages coz the live music was really good - including a guy playing the sax who was brilliant!

We'll be here in Bali until the 29th so we'll probably write again before we leave... in the meantime, hope you all have a fantastic Christmas in the chilly UK - eat lots of Turkey, get a little merry and enjoy your present giving and receiving!

Lots of Love from Victoria and Selina xxxxxxxxxx 😊








Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Sat in a cafe...Sat in a cafe...
Sat in a cafe...

check out the insect bite on V's leg! nasty


Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb