Mr. Philipp is doing some shopping


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
April 21st 2007
Published: April 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our time in Bali will soon be over. Tomorrow we're leaving for Sydney. The past few days have been very relaxing. We spent most time reading by the pool. Today we went to exchange seven books, that we'd read during the last couple of days. We did some walking along the beach and we did quite a lot of shopping these days. Especially Philipp found some decent cloth in a huge store called Matahari. Things here are just so incredibly cheap. He bought 3 shirts, matching pants and ties. When he paid by credit card, the shop assistant would look at the credit card and go "thank you, Mr. Philipp, please come again". It was so funny to see. Every time the same show: "Thank you, Mr. Philipp."

What other things are worth mentioning? A funny thing that already got started in Sumatra is that Indonesian people like taking pictures with us. The first couple of times when people with their cameras came up to us we thought they wanted us to take pictures of them. But what the wanted was us in a picture with them. Then we thought that this maybe is a way to steal our money. So we held on to our bags tightly. These pics must be hilarious. Philipp and me holding on to our bags... But after a while we kinda got used to it. And in places like Sumatra and Java where you don't find that many white tourists I can understand the Indonesians wanna take a picture with the funny looking people. We were quite certain though that this wouldn't happen in Bali since there are tourists all over the place. But when we went to see this temple called Tanah Lot, again there were groups of Indonesians who wanted to take pictures with us. It's so funny. So what we do now is that we also take pictures with our cameras to remember these complete strangers.

Not much else to say, I guess. Next time I'll hopefully be blogging from Sydney or L.A. Bye for now!

Take care!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



21st April 2007

Woohoo, Sydney is coming up for you :D I'm tempted to buy a flight and show you around...*dreaming* Have fun!

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0909s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb