Bali Adventure


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
October 1st 2018
Published: October 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

So yesterday we arrived in Kuta, Bali. The journey so far is easily summed up in one word; Long!

The first flight was great, we breeze through security so no delays at Heathrow. It was long, but after our "cheap flight" to America, we felt like royalty on this flight. With our blankets, pillows and slightly roomier seats, and the entertainment selection of films, music and Tv shows made the 13 hour flight more comfortable. Not forgetting the drinks on call and all the food served.

I laughed a touch too much when Briony asked for a "squash" on the flight. When the attendant asked if she wanted it mixed with lemonade or coke, we were slightly confused. But a few moments later briony was given a scotch on the rocks ???. Which we swiftly exchanged for a simple orange juice. After Terrys wedding, I'm still not convienced Briony can handle that kind of alcohol!

We arrived in Kuala Lumpur and were eager to get on board for the next flight. A 3 hour journey, the home stretch, to our final destination. Bali* if you didn't already know lol!

After starting at Heathrow at 7:45am Saturday morning, we made it to Bali at 12:00pm Sunday (local time, 4am GMT). We were thankful to meet our Group leader for the BalIntro tour in arrivals, as we were quickly accosted for taxi services by every Tom, Dick and Harry.

Finally, we arrived at our hotel, The Bendesa hotel in Kuta, Bali. At this point we were exhausted! The beds in our twin room, are like sleeping on the clouds in heaven. So we obviously slept for the next 3-4hours ?.

Our first venture out into Kuta, was into the hussle and bussle of the Kuta life, the busy streets of shops awaited, the vendors using any excuse to draw your attention into their little boutiques. But we were on the hunt for food. Our first meal, in asia, was of course to be ethinc and a true representation of the beautiful Balinese food. So we headed to California Cafe & Barber a for a chicken quesadilla for me and some fish and chips for Briony ? (Which, by the way was the most delicious fish I've ever tried! I had a spot of food envy! Unfortunately for me, Briony ate the whole thing ?).

We settled
First meal First meal First meal

Fish in fennel sauce
for an early night watching some animal planet, and eager to enjoy the comfort of our beds ???

Till the next post,
Amy & Briony

Amy's Highlights of the day:
*Briony being served scotch on the rocks!
*having the cutest old man sitting next to me asking me to help him with his TV screen.
*the funniest flight attendant, so funny pretending to "Air slap" me after he asked if we wanted an Asian or western breakfast meal, and I chose western.

Briony's Highlights of the day:
*watching the movie "Tag"
*experiencing the heat (after telling Amy it's going to rain and thunder all holiday ?)
*the fish and chips!!

Amy's Lowlight of the day:
* the super long immigration lines ??

Briony s Lowlight of the day:
*being soooooo tired!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



1st October 2018

This is soooo funny
Loved it made my day!

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb