Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Bukit Peninsula
October 7th 2011
Published: October 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Air Asia was a pleasant short flight from Singapore, just a mear 3hrs which is nothing for the journeys i have taken in the last 2 months!
Landed on this island and went straight to Balangan beach on the south peninsula of Bukit where i parked myself at a surf warung (bungalow on the beach) for a few days and soaked up some sun and sea!
Waking up to the view of surfers already out catching the waves at 09h30 was wonderful to say the least and the days there were totally unstressful. I lived on fresh fruit juices and and very quiet evenings catching up on some reading, as not had the chance to do much of that since i left Belgium!!! It was one of the best surf spots here so I am told by the pro's and the beach was absolutely fine for me! Very strong currents and waves in the sea, so no good if you are not a good swimmer. The tides went down late afternoon so you could check out what was out on the reef whilst the sun went down.
Mon 5th Oct i was convinced by a friend to head back to Legian area next to Kuta and there i was lucky to enjoy a few days in her luxury hotel and we generally had a great time hanging out and doing girly stuff such as treating ourselves to all that was on offer at the spa and later for drinks on chilled beach bars watching the sunsets!
My next challenge was to rent myself a scooter which is the best thing i could've done, albeit it took some plucking up of courage as not driven one since the age of 15! But now i'm on it, i love it and it keeps my brain busy whilst on the road as the traffic is crazy here in the Legian/Seminyak area and there is a million others scooters scooting around. Was scared to take the responsibility of throwing myself into this crazy bike world, but now i'm on it I won't let it go till i leave in 3 weeks time! The cost per day is so cheap, it's not even worth contemplating taking public transport, (which the thought of working out when to get buses and from where to where was messing with my head). This more straight forward ONCE you're on the right road. ha ha
A few more days in this area will be good as there is all you need from beauty treatments to nice shops and nice places to eat and drink! World cup rugby is on the agenda for tommorow for sure and after the weekend I will be ready to head off to the centre part of the island, the well known Ubud area to clear my head and maybe even reconnect with it, as it is all over the place right now! Will report further once i've experienced the next level of zeness amongst the rice fields!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb