Padang Bai to Amed to Lovina


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Amed
October 3rd 2008
Published: November 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well after a week of Island diving and relaxing, we thought we should make our way back towards Bali. Made it back to Padang Bai for a pre-dinner Bintang and some fresh Mahi Mahi. And when I say fresh, I mean we had to wait for the owner to fillet the fish!! Only $3 a plate. So very delicious and comes with chips, salad, and garlic butter!!

So we rented a moped the next day for $4.50 / day to cruise Bali. Left one of our bags at our hotel, and took off, the two of us and a bag for 4 days. Stopped first a Tirta Ganga. This is a set of Royal Pools in beautiful garden and you can even go for a swim in clear, fresh, clean spring water. Feels like Canada!
Kept on our way to Amed for first night. Got a bungalo right on beach for $10. Probably will be in our top 10 rooms. Watched the fisherman come home at sunset while having a beer in the ocean. Woke at sunrise to watch fisherman, to find that beach was empty of boats as all out fishing, naturally. But it was the amount of boats
BungaloBungaloBungalo

Our Beach-Front Bungalo in Amed. $10
that was amazing. Triangle sail boats everywhere! Just catching little fish, not really sure what they were. Did see the odd big mean looking catch though.
Also stopped to see the sea salt collection. Basically they collect sea water in hollowed out palm tree trunks and allow water to evaporate. Not rocket science! They tried to sell me it of course. What am I going to do with a kg of seasalt? Let alone take that through Indonesian Customs!! Death Penalty for drug trafficking here!! Hmm, lets carry a kg of white powder!! No!

Drove on later in a.m. to Gunung Batur. This is an active volcanoe with black lava flows in front. I climbed it last trip for sunrise. This time we just went so Joanna could have a peak as quite a view! On way back down Volcano, stopped by some roadside mango stands for a fresh snack. The best mango here!

Lovina was our next stop. Not sure what the fuss is all about. Saw more pigs on the beach than people! Great sunset though.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

BeerBeer
Beer

Afternoon beer from our front door!
PaddiesPaddies
Paddies

Taking pics of the rice harvest
Mango ShakeMango Shake
Mango Shake

Loving fresh Mango Shakes!
Bowling BallBowling Ball
Bowling Ball

Joanna and her helmet. Time to hit the road!


Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb