Never heard of Seraya in Bali? Great, that's a place for us...


Advertisement
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Amed
January 6th 2020
Published: March 24th 2020
Edit Blog Post

In the search of the traditional side of Bali, we have been quite succesful by visiting Sudaji in the North and staying in the ricefields in Tampaksiring. So our last stop in Bali was planned in the south, well, in the south-east that means. Because the south-west (being the centre of the mass tourism industry) was a no-go area for us. For whatever reason we found the widespread village of Seraya ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




25th March 2020

Pura Lempuyang
Pura Lempuyang wasn’t overrun with tourists when I visited in 2017; I don’t think there were more than twenty when I was there. I think its remote location keeps the crowds away. I lucked out by visiting on a Hindu holy day, and I got to observe the devotees. In any case, Lempuyang is actually a complex of seven temples. By the time I got to Temple #3, I was the only foreigner left; all the others had turned back. Good call on the Ujung Water Palace. Must have been great being away from the hordes.
25th March 2020

No crowds
Wow, you lucked out with the Lempuyangan Temple. The time we were in the region we heard stories of people waiting to take THE picture for about 3 hours. That really put us off from visiting. Happy travels, stay safe and healthy!
26th March 2020
beach time at White Sand Beach

This is just a great photo of a couple that have found paradise!!! I can’t promise I won’t go, it sounds like exactly what I look for, but I won’t tell anyone else.
26th March 2020
beach time at White Sand Beach

paradies found
yes, sometimes you need to keep things a bit secret ;-)
26th March 2020

I'm so sorry to hear about the impact that Covid-19 is having on you...
I'm thankful for your health, and hope that you will be able to survive the economic situation. I wish Switzerland could help its citizens just as our government has. I enjoyed your blogs about Bali, and that you were able to find a bit of paradise!
27th March 2020

Thank you! Well, there is a certain support from the government. But it will take a long long time till the administrative organisation has worked through all the papers. And till then we can only sit and wait and pray. Maybe we will get something, maybe not. But we are very happy you enjoyec our blogs. Some more are about to come from Indonesia. Stay safe and healthy!
29th March 2020
Ujung Waterpalace in Amlapura

I would have liked this place
I would have loved to see the Ujung Waterpalace. A pity I missed it. I guess I have to put it up on my wish-list of places I'd love to visit. One of my favorite places in Java was actually Gunung Batur, the huge volcano. Mostly because of its sheer size. /Ake
30th March 2020

Bali
Thank you for the inspiration that there are still some calm and off-the-beaten track places left in Bali. Seraya looks just that, and what a wonderful find of an accommodation, the Frangipani Inn. The owner also sounds delightful. I look forward to finding out where your next destination will be ?
30th March 2020

new destinations
Oh yes, we can highly recommend Seraya. For the last part of our travels, we have some hilghights left. :-) Happy you enjoyed following our trip so far. Stay safe and healthy!
1st April 2020
enjoying our welcome drink at the Frangipani Inn in Seraya

Traditional
You really planned well and have introduced us to some beautiful parts of Bali. I love the lack of commercialism. Proving you can find serenity every where if you make the effort.
1st April 2020
enjoying our welcome drink at the Frangipani Inn in Seraya

good planing
Oh yes, it was a lot of planning and research needed and a bit of good luck also. But when you think out of the box and look where no tourists go in Bali you can find the quiet spots. And these are still wonderful. Anyway, in the meantime I think other regions in Indonesia are more attractive - but, as always, it depends on what you are looking for :-)

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 18; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb