Ultimate Adventure Activities List for Buzzing Monsoon Holidays in India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
August 6th 2015
Published: August 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Monsoon has arrived and natural showers have made the environment pleasant and perfect for an adventure tour. If you are fed up of water-filled roads and jams due to rains in the city, you must embark upon a trip and relish the showers in serenity and lap of nature’s pulchritude. What can be a better way of hideout than carrying out adventures in the lap of nature? Brimming with diversity and vividness, India has an array of everything from cultural heritages to languages, traditions and customs to gripping landscapes, thrilling adventure opportunities to sacrosanct abodes of spirituality. This densely populated country has a great range of travelers who are adrenaline junkies from heart. If you fall in the same league of travelers having a special vehemence for traveling, then planning for an adventure trip is the best way to revitalize yourself this monsoon.

Here are some of the major adventure activities that you can choose to relish the showers in the best ways possible…

Trekking: The sundry and peerless panoramas of India beckon for enchanting experience of trekking. Indian Himalaya attracts every trekking enthusiast from all around the world. The captivating grasslands, lush oak tree forests, immaculate tribal villages, sparkling waterfalls and various other wonders of natures, in short, trekking in India is much more than what a trekker expects. Relishing the intriguing panorama while carrying out trekking on the trails offers matchless excitement to the tourists. Ranging from strenuous to easy, India is replete with the variety of destination suiting novices and experts in a similar way.

Where to Go: Valley of Flowers Trek, Markha Valley Trek, etc

River Rafting: Gushing on a raft through the speedy rapids in the midst of engrossing panorama is a tip of iceberg description of what rafting is all about. India has several intriguing destinations that offer congenial and matchless opportunities to the adventurers to enjoy river rafting. Due to availability of several grades of rapids depending upon the toughness, this adventure provides perfect opportunities to both the novice and expert rafters alike. The river rafting destinations in India offer multifarious and fascinating panorama around the streams gratifying the adventure buffs and making them get drenched in unparalleled excitement that remains imprinted in their memories for lifelong.

Where to Go: Maharashtra, Karnataka and Ladakh

Waterfall Rappelling: The waterfalls render a rejuvenating feel especially when there are showers all around. Even imagination of traversing on the waterfall trail in the shower enthralls the nerves of adrenaline junkies and it is no second thought in stating that carrying out rappelling in the cascading waterfalls fills the travelers with unique sense of enthrallment and delight. The traveler can feel the white water while exploring the waterfalls. The adventure may frighten the traveler at first sight; however, it will surely turn out to be one of the most exciting adventures. The proper equipments are required for this activity.

Where to Go: Vihigaon falls, Kasara, Maharashtra; Malshej Ghat, Thane, Maharashtra; Coorg, Karnataka; Kimona Falls, Chakarata, Uttarakhand

Camping: Camping in monsoon is a new and gratifying way to escape from the maddening environment of the city life and proceed to verdant and lush outdoors. A traveler may carry out camping besides the lakes, among the hills, witness the diverse and opaque vegetation and imposing mountain air. Thus, camping in monsoon is an excellent way to come close to nature and enjoy the rains. This activity allows the adventurers to experience different mesmerizing facets of nature in a way like never before.

Where to Go: Lonavala, Nilgiris and Coorg.

Hiking: Traversing the heights in the pleasant climate in the midst of lush and beautiful environs is something that every adventurer or concisely a person full of zip craves for. It is a sheer and thrilling test of endurance that becomes worth undertaking because of the amazing vistas and tranquility offered by the hiking destinations in India. The panoramas rendered by the hiking trails in India offer travelers with a memorable and gratifying holiday experience that remains etched in their minds throughout their lives.

Where to Go: Wayanad



Embark on an adventure activity this monsoon, spend a memorable time satiating your adrenaline rush, and set yourself free in rains…

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb