travel from Delhi to Rajasthan


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
January 27th 2015
Published: January 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi folks,
1.40 pm now and the train just left to Kota, my first stop in Rajasthan, then traveling to Bundi to visit the fort.
Train from Hazart Izzameddin railwaystation. 2 class, a lot less luxury then 3ac but for 8 hours journey I paid only 190 roepies. That 's 2,5 euro.Cannot complain.
Yesterday I had a great day in Rishikesh. I found my old friend Arvind from last year. His sister Rani has the best massage center and she gives also ayurvedic cooking lessons. yesterday we had lunch together and talked about our life's. I found great addresses for Ayurvedic consults (500 roepies) and a famous astrologer for the same price. That's 7 euro. That was without bargaining... So probably half the price less!
I slept in a real authentic ashram in the village of Rishikesh and talked hours with the manager of this place who left his job with Dokter and Gamble, a chemist in the farmaceutical business to run this ashram together with his Guru.
Incredible.... I met so many sweat people and and bargaining is so much fun. Yogamats are for sale for only 4 euro. So you will love Rishikesh and can do a lot of shopping and walks in nature. Possibility to visit the ashram of the Beatles who came to Rishikesh in 69 to learn about transcendal meditation. there are waterfalls, caves and mountain top tempels.... They call it the capital of yoga, or the capital of lost souls ?



Advertisement



16th February 2015

Still alive and kicking?
Hey Linda, even geleden dat we nog iets lazen van jou? Alles goed daar? Nu niet lang meer alvorens ik je vergezel! Liefs Bili x
17th February 2015

namasté
Alles ok, ben heel Rajasthan rondgetrokken en niet veel tijd meer gehad om te schrijven... Je wordt ook steeds meer vermoeid... Maar het Is heel tof, mensen zijn super vriendelijk. Het Is ook al wat warmer aant worden overdag dus zonnecollectoren zeker meebrengen, en voor smorgens en savonds enkel warme trui, sjaal en misschien lichte trekkerjas v de Himalaya. Ik hou je op de hoogte, kus linda xxx

Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb