Nightlight


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
October 2nd 2008
Published: October 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bangalore nightlife is so much different from what I would experience back home in my teeny, tiny little college town. For starters, there actually is a nightlife. There is more than a handful of places to choose from and the places actually have distinct differences rather than being a copy cat version of a seedy little pub. There are swanky bars like 13th Floor and Couch where my dress doesn’t seem quite hip enough and I can barely afford the cocktails. At dance clubs like Tikka we can dance despite the rules and I feel like I actually am a decent dancer. And then there is Guzzlers, my favorite out of all the bars and clubs we’ve been to so far in Bangalore. And out of all the places in Bangalore it is most similar to something I would find back home. I find this ironic because I came to India to experience new things—to have an adventure—but I find myself attracted to this humble little pub that seems slightly out of place in this cosmopolitan city. It is comforting to have something that seems familiar when everything around me is strange and exotic. It is the only place in the city that I can see myself at with my friends from back home—sitting back, sipping drinks and having a great time. But, of course, if I were sitting at this bar back home with my friends, it would be open much later than 11:30. . .



Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb