Udaipur Sightseeing & Lake Pichola cruise


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
February 26th 2016
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 24.5823, 73.6882

Leisurely breakfast today, leave 8.30am for lake crossing then walking tour of Gardens of the Maids of Honour, lovely garden with fountains. Garden of maids was built from 1710 to 1734 by Maharana Sangram Singh for the royal ladies.
Then walked the streets & laneways (bit scary) to the Jagdish Temple.City Palace. The Jagdish Temple is raised on a tall terrace and was completed in 1651Daily devotion happening so crowded, chanting & noisy.
Then to City Palace complex, huge palace, actually several family palaces joined together over the millennia. It was built over a period of nearly 400 years being contributed by several kings of the dynasty, starting by the Maharana Udai Singh II in 1553. It is located on the east bank of the Lake Pichola and has several palaces built within its complex. Very interesting but not as renovated as other palaces we've been to. Lunch at Palace cafe followed by Lake Pichola cruise to Jag Mandir island palace. The construction of the palace was started in 1551 by Maharana Amar Singh, and finally completed by Maharana Jagat Singh I (1628–1652). It is named as "Jagat Mandir" in honour of the last named Maharana Jagat Singh. Lovely gardens plus looks straight to our room. Looks straight across to our rooms at Leela Palace Hotel.
Launch back to our Hotel by 4pm. Bit of a rest before our Farewell Dinner tonight & local dancing show.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.572s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb