The Ultimate Travel Destination "Chilapata" in West Bengal India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » West Bengal » Siliguri
March 25th 2017
Published: March 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

"Chilapata Forest Range" near Hasimara in WB India a most beautiful destination for Nature lovers ,wild life explores as well as birders .

Chirping birds... I am sure will wake you up....
If you are lucky ? you have a fair chance to get such a glimpse of a Baby ? elephant with its parents .
The Colurful watch Towes will add to your photography euphoria .
Sunbirds are in plenty inside the Jungle camp to be watched from close .

Wild flowers ? will steal your heart ❤️ if you are a nature lover...I am damn sure !
Leaf Birds are in quite plenty sucking nectur from blooming wild flowers ?.
That was Jan2016 around 23rd , me and my wife both by choice are Nature lovers started for Siliguri in WB and it was pre planned with all necessary vehicle ? and cottage booking at Chilapata .From there we started for Jungle camp accommodation in an Innova and the journey started with lots of scenic ups and downs till we reached Hasimara,a place very near to Bhutan ?? boarder.

From there it was only 10 km journey within the deep forests ? of Chilapata range with tall trees ? and shrubs on both sides of road.

There were a good number of beautiful and quite colourful watch towers on the way for animal lovers & watchers.The accommodation at "Chilapata Jungle Camp"was one of the best and quite awesome with all flavours of Bengali dishes rich in Fish delights and cottages were around to stay in.The river side is awesome scenic as if "Nature dwells in it's serenity".

There are plenty varieties of colourful Birds taking nectar out of flowers is awesome to watch.Even Wild Flowers make the entire place so scenic .

With every hope to see wild elephants we took a morning trip from Chilapata jungle camp to Hasimara and while returning We were really lucky to see two adult elephants ?perhaps parents of the small baby elephant inbetween them standing on the road side to cross the road . I stopped the vehicle at a safe distance and took these two shots and I will say,it's till date the best shot of Wild Elephants ? with a baby that I took.

It is quite well connected from Siliguri the nearest city of West Bengal in India .Most ideal time is Winter season to enjoy the greeenary of Deep forests ? and being so near to Hasimara and Exotic Bhutan ??.

I will suggest 3 nights would be most ideal to explore the flora and fauna with a river near by.Since there are very limited accommodation to be booked in advance.Chilapata Jungle camp is a most favoured destination with so many huts well surrounded by plants and a lot of boards are a frequent visitors all day long .

I am sure the Camp fire ? will ignite the lost Passion ? .

Being a vivid explorer of travel destinations would rank 9 out of 10 for Chilapata Forest ? destination .

My Blog link is

www.clicksbysiba.wordpress.com




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb