Kolkata Day 2


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » West Bengal » Salt Lake
March 27th 2008
Published: March 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Science City, KolkataScience City, KolkataScience City, Kolkata

View of the park from the cable car!
The realisation that we had slightly 'overdone' the beers from the night before hits us as we go for breakfast at a little place near to our hotel; where we had sample the thali the day before. It got the thumbs up from the boys, therefore breakfast must be ok. It was. Omlete and Coffee, Dale's happy! Bannana muesli, Mark's Happy!
Today was the day we had all been looking forward to. On the rediculously long train journey i had been swotting about Kolkata and had found a 'Science City' and theme park, 'Nicco Park'. We were all very excited.

It was a fair drive away, not helped by the taxi driver who had blatently decided to show the whole of Kolkata, pass our front door again, and then take us to our 'Science City' destination. It wasn't quite that bad, but felt like it. With the traffic and heat, we arrived like we had all just run the marrathon, exhausted! However, a short ride on a cable car awaited and it certainly looked like an interesting place. It was. Marks choice to visit the 3D cinema was a little off, it was like a throw back movie from the
Nicco ParkNicco ParkNicco Park

Ollie faced his fear!
80's which was described by Mark as 'having worse graphics than Donkey Kong'. However the place was interesting enough, displaying various science related toys.
The theme park was a short taxi ride away. After vierce negotiations with a crook of a taxi driver and Ollie threatening to get police involved, we paid half his wanted fair (still way too much) and entered the park. It was very similar to theme parks in England just on a smaller scale and way way cheaper. We convinced Oliie to join myself and Mark on a rickity old wooden rollercoaster, and we had alot of fun.

On returning to Sudder st. we decided to go for a last cheap meal with all the indian classics, as it was likely to be the last in India. This was followed by more beers in a little bar where we met a very drunk manchurian; after downing those drinks, just simply to get away from him, we moved to a very plush rooftop bar where the cocktails gin and tonics, and more beers flowed! We then decended to the room and prepared ourselves for the second hangover in consecutive mornings. Great!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb