Let's Live a ~bit of life~


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » West Bengal » Kolkata
April 9th 2017
Published: April 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Let's Live a ~bit of life~

Swami Vivekananda said

।। में उस प्रभु का सेवक हूँ जिसे अज्ञानी लोग मनुष्य कहते हैं ।। means ।। I serve those Gods whom the ignorants call as humans··

I have always seen it in my life •As you wish so are you blessed by God always•

One of my clients once propesed me to join sewa (charity) service on Sundays being organised by Sri Satya Sai Sewa Organisation-Barabazar Samity-Unit 2 located at Sisir Bahaduri Street in front of Hedua Park , Maniktola ,Kolkata-6 WB in India.

Devotees were doing "Satsang & Bhajans" inside the Temple since 11.30 am and continued up to around 12.30 pm.

The Prashad in form of " Khechudi , Alu Dum , Chatni and Laddu were being prepared since morning by devotees.

Local people mainly the slum dewellers as well passers by were well informed beforehand for such Prashad sewa . People were served in lines with Khechudi and other items followed by Laddu in a very systematic way by the devotee volunteers.

This is the outer view and of the Satya Sai Sewa Centre established since 1985 .

One thing that I liked most,was they don't accept any offerings from those who come for a visit to the Temple. However this sort of Sewa Karma is totally dependant on devotees donations and their names they keep as anonymous.

Not to mention...

"This is not the only place where such charitable services are rendered . There are thousands of such organisations all over India where such services to the poor and needy are rendered".

I will say " You may do any job or business or hold any post of dignity...but most dignified would be to become a common man and serve the "poorest of the poor and the needy".

Author : Siba


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb