Kolkata and Darjeeling


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » West Bengal » Kolkata
November 23rd 2010
Published: December 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Girl on BusGirl on BusGirl on Bus

Calcutta
Very quick entry this time, and vary late! In March I managed to get Claire to let me travel to India by myself for three weeks. Few days in Kolkata, then popped to Goa to see our friends Giane and Babu. Then Darjeeling for about ten days and back to Kolkata. Flew to Kuala Lumpur, met up with Claire flying in from Australia and then onto the UK for three weeks.

Loved Calcutta despite the filth. Loved Darjeeling despite the clouds. Waited there for the weather to lift to see the famous view of the Himalayas. Never got to see it, they lifted the day after I left.

Soon after our return to Australia, Claire rolled her car several times in the outback while working as a public health nurse. Suffered over 30 fractures and a serious head injury. We've been in Adelaide now for 6 months for her rehab, with several months still ahead of us. Things looking much better now than a few months ago, hopefully Claire will ease back into work next year sometime. This'll be our last travelblog for the moment though.






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Tibetan RefugeeTibetan Refugee
Tibetan Refugee

Darjeeling


Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb