Reaching Fagu


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » West Bengal » Jaldapara
June 18th 2016
Published: June 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The moment I stepped down to NJP station it was absolutely clean and sparkling. Some granite and tile flooring work was still going on. As we moved forward the platform to my utter surprise there was an escalator for us to travel down one floor. Our chauffeur Jogesh was a tall sturdy dark looking man. Our car was a grey color Ertiga. Usually Bolero and Sumo cars are available but we wanted a more comfortable SUV car since we were only two people. We had already arranged with one Mr Atanu who organized this car for us on a daily rental with approximately 100 km travel per day. The moment we left the station my eyes were amazed with the green all around and the lovely not very wide but smooth roads. We would go to Fagu first. Our route was Gajoldoba and then Odlabari and finally Fagu. The Teesta canal barrage is at Gajoldoba. We halted at Odlabari for the breakfast. A reasonably clean joint and an AC room was opened for us only. You had to pay 20%!m(MISSING)ore if the AC was switched on. It was some Sharma and he was the nephew of the restaurant owner who also happened to be the forest ranger. He gave us two options,chole bature and puri sabji. We opted for puri but was served chole bature saying this was puri sabji. Small lies said for convenience. Had black tea and started for Fagu.The journey was only tea gardens on both the sides and gradually we were moving upto a hill top. A short stretch of 15/20 minutes before the Fagu bungalow is real bumpy and stony. As we reached the Bungalow ,a wooden cottage on a span of green lawn. I climbed the stairs and reached the open lobby facing the blue sky I felt I had reached nearer to heaven. There was no one around and after some time Rafit a sturdy dark young boy came. There were no visitors at that time and the whole place was oursWe had 3 huge bedrooms to select from. No official check in system, but just walk in.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb