India: Uttarakhand: Rishikesh


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttarakhand » Rishikesh
September 18th 2012
Published: April 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Uttarakhand



The region is believed to be the Land of Gods and is place of lots of Ashrams, Yoga Gurus, meditation centres and so on. One will find a lot of Sadhus in the area. We recommend a book by Patrick Levy (French writer): Sadhus - going beyond the dreadlocks for more understanding about their life, their purpose and their philosophy.


18/09 to 24/09 : Rishikesh:



The Beatles spent time in an ashram but this one is abandoned since then and nothing much is left apart seeing nature taking over.

Rishikesh is the Capital of the World for Yoga, Meditation and Ashrams.

The town is separated by 2 suspension bridges (jhula) -which could do with some refurbishment. There is enough space for a man and a cow, a man and a scooter, but not more. (It was rather unnerving on every occasion we crossed the Jhula's)

People come here to gain spirituality, to learn to play music, to experience crystal magic, and massages. Hindus from all-over the country come here in their quest of washing their sins.

We did feel a special sense of spirituality in Rishikesh - the devotion of those come Rishikesh is quite intoxicating and we left feeling 'touched' by the special power of this special place...


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb