Pushkar-rishikesh


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttarakhand » Rishikesh
August 29th 2009
Published: August 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Another blog entry within 2 weeks of another!?!?! it cant be true.

After Pushkar, Meredith and i made our way to Agra and the great Taj Mahal. The train from Ajmer to Agra is a story in itself as it left at 4am and we had to make our way to Ajmer from Pushkar (half an hour) to catch the train. We booked a cab with our hotel for 3am, it was on time (thankfully) and then got to the train station just in time to jump on and hop onto our top bunks for some (or in my case none) sleep. at 11am we arrived in Ajmer and found a decent hotel within a block from the Taj. you can sit on the roof and see most of the white marble! We caught up on some sleep and did a little exploring of the city for an early start to go to the Taj the next morning. We arrived at 8am and it was still fairly quiet. Meredith, seeing the tomb for the first time was so taken aback i dont think she spoke one word for 10 mins!. its just that beautiful. Being perfectly honest, seeing it for the second time, although just as beautiful is not as shocking. but i enjoyed our morning with the Taj none the less. it was very strange this time though, because we were stopped constantly to pose in a picture with indian families. we sat down once on a step, and noticed that everyone was stopping to take a picture of us, sometimes sneaky with their cellphones, it was very unsettling so we decided to move on..

The same day as our Taj visit we caught a train up to Delhi and found a room for our last 2 nights. We shopped until we dropped (or rather Meredith did) and called it a night with an indian beer and some hair cuts! haha. Bright and early the next morning we went our separate ways, sad to say goodbye. She headed to the airport (home) and i headed to the train station.

Next stop for me was the amazing Ganga town of Rishikesh, commonly said to be the Yoga capital of India. After a train, then bus then auto-rickshaw, i got to my destination of Laxmanjulla. Found a room (2 dollars a night 😊) and went in search of my old yoga teacher from last time i was here. Gurvinder was still teaching at the same studio and remembered me right away. it was such a nice welcome and a great start to my 5 week yoga journey. After starting off this 5 weeks with 2 days in bed with food poisoning today i feel almost as good as new, not to mention having an amazing class this morning.

October 1st i will be heading to Nepal, so you might not hear from me again until then, because my next 5 weeks will be fairly routine.

all my love.
namasteji
Danica




Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb