A love affair with Vrindavan - and the end of our pilgrimage


Advertisement
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Mathura
November 20th 2017
Published: December 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Vrindavan is the holiest place in the world. And you can feel this around every single corner. Lucky enough, it was my 4th and Markus 3rd visit already. Wow, this is a great blessing and we both have a love affair with Vrindavan. It looks terribly dirty on the outside (although it has improved a lot recently), it has such a wonderful feeling and vibe. We always feel like coming home. The first ful... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 109, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

my friend Ulrike and me were dancing on the platform where Krishna and the gopis dance every night (till today)my friend Ulrike and me were dancing on the platform where Krishna and the gopis dance every night (till today)
my friend Ulrike and me were dancing on the platform where Krishna and the gopis dance every night (till today)

and the indian tourists were really impressed by us and wanted to take tons of pictures. We must be famous dancers now on indian Facebook ;-)



19th December 2017

Vrindavan
That was quite a heady experience reading this blog...the thoughts and experiences of a devotee on pilgrimage with her spiritual master...extra insight provided as you were an official or authorised photographer. Thank you for sharing.
21st December 2017

Thank you
Thank you for enabling me, and other readers, to experience this amazing pilgrimage with you both. I find it particularly amazing how you were able to find so much energy for it, with its busy schedule and all night dancing towards the end! There must definitely have been some positive source of energy there for you both. I wish you both a peaceful time to relax and contemplate your journey post-trip. Thank you again :)
21st December 2017

We are happy you enjoyed it. Merry christmas to you and happy travels!
21st December 2017

Thank you!
Thank you, and a Merry Christmas to you both too :)
6th January 2018

Holiest place on earth
Dave and I have traveled to many locations that make this claim. How does one measure that statement? What an experience and life you are having. So glad when you share your pilgrimage. Your love affair continues. It is great life has given you something that fills you up.
8th January 2018

Holy places
Yes, it is true tha tmany places claim to be the holiest ones in the world. Measuring based on facts that we can see is one thing: Vrindavan which is a small town (esp. in India) has over 5000 temples. That means around every corner there is a temple. Nowhere in the world there is such a density of temples/churches. That means, day and night there is a constant singing in the air. It feels like Vrindavan never sleeps. It is not noisy at night but you here the singing of some prayers even in the middle of the night. It is the place where Krishna spent his childhood. On another level, which man can not see and touch a lot of things are happening in Vrindavan. Many small and big miracles. Some of them are sometimes visible or one can experience them, some are stories and some are personal. Happy you enjoyed our blogs about our pilgrimage. Happy travels!

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb