Indian Rail


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
November 17th 2010
Published: June 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We didn't spend long in Delhi. Caught a festival train from where we were (not too far over the border from Nepal) up to Delhi and then caught another train back to Agra. Some Uni students befriended us and shared their bunks with us.

We attracted a lot of attention as usual what with being a family of foreigners, plus the fact I was knitting quadrupled the interest! The whole carriage seemed to look up whenever I put the wool down and had a unanimous 'well get back on with it' tone to their body language. One thing the Indian people ARE is masters of body language! Quite a contrast to the Chinese people's lack to show emotion.

Crazy slow train journeys. Very late, as per Indian style!! Met many interesting characters of course. My first meeting with a Bollywood star. He was people watching and good value for Satsung!! So we finally made it to see the Taj! It's very close by. Such a masterpiece of Art..

Good rooftop view from where we're staying. Just had a rickshaw ride out to search for avocado which one of the Swami's requested. No joy finding them so I picked up some imported kiwi fruit. Keep bumping Chinese people we saw in Kathmandu which is funny in such a big country so many days later!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0795s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb