Tara Project, a fairtrade producer in India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
May 10th 2011
Published: May 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Photographic assignment for Oxfam Magazins du Monde to photograph a fair trade soap stone workshop based in Agra, India (with Barbara Bruneton from Oxfam).

Tara (Trade Alternative Reform Action) Projects made its humble beginning in early seventies with the objective of creating avenues of economic growth for economically disadvantaged Artisans and Craftsmen of Delhi in the unorganized home-based sector. Encouraged by its initial success the Project gradually extended its socio-economic and trade reform activities to the adjoining states of North India.

Since its inception Tara Projects has been actively engaged in providing support services to the production and marketing of handicrafts on Fair Trade principles, while addressing community developmental needs of grassroots craftspersons by imparting human rights & general awareness and vocational & informal education for the human dignity.

The Project has constantly remained an active catalyst in fighting exploitation, poverty, illiteracy and slavery of artisans who do not have any dignified identity and remained constantly subject to social injustices at the total disposal of unfair trade and middlemenship practices. "Make Trade Fair" has always been the principal goal for ushering in social and economic transformation at Tara Projects.

Photographs on the official Michel Piccaya website:
http://watchtheworld.net


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb