Agra, Taj Mahal and The Ghost City...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
December 24th 2005
Published: August 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Fulfilling the Dream




It is really difficult to describe the feeling when you stand in front of the Taj Mahal....maybe it is just me (although all the people I know that have seen it had it too) but it is so magnificent, majestic, beautiful and romantic.... no wonder it is one of the World Wonders....hard to believe it is a tomb....

I have seen it twice and I did it at two different times of a day....First one very early in the morning - it was maybe 6 am when rickshaw driver took us to the river bank and we could see a spectacle of mist falling down and unveiling the majestic building....amazing and even though it was not intentional to go there at that time (it was mostly due to the early arrival of the bus Jaipur-Agra) I strongly recommend to do it this way....another plus is that the place is not crowded at this time and you can take very nice photos....Second time it was in the evening and I must admit that there is a certain charm about this place when sun is setting...maybe it is the marble reflecting almost orange light or maybe it is just the atmosphere that seem more romantic than ever....

Not far from Taj Mahal is so called Ghost City - Fatehpur Sikri. You can get a driver to take you there from the town and it is relatively cheap and definitely worth it. It is listed as an UNESCO Sight and it is amazingly preserved so don't miss out;-) It is nearly 38 km away so Rickshaw drive maybe not the best option here;-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Fatehpur SikriFatehpur Sikri
Fatehpur Sikri

we didnt take the guide so was trying to get all the info from Lonely Planet ;-) it was ok in the end hahha


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb