Agra (Taj Mahal) to Goa


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
January 2nd 2009
Published: January 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got an overnight train, which was very comfortable, to Agra. We arrived in Agra very early and Stu had arranged for us to be picked up from the train station to go to our hotel. (Traveling in Style). We saw the Taj Mahal the following night by sunset from the back of the Taj in a public park. It was amazing the marble changed colour as the sunsets! The two of us really were in Awe!

The Taj Mahal was closed on Fridays so we spent the day at the Red fort which was also an amazing structure. Wandering around white marble rooms and photographing the Taj Mahal from a distance.


The following day we were up at 5 o'clock in the morning and we were the first people at the gates to the Taj. When we went inside the two of us could not even speak it was by far the most amazing man made structure a real "wonder of the world". It was everything we had expected it to be and more.

We left Agra and headed for a much deserved break in Goa. The train took 36 hours two nights. We got to our hotel and spent two days there before we found our beach hut....
It was then that we decided on the spur of the moment that we would stay in Patnem beach for 6 weeks! it was an amazing beach and the water was great. Our hut was on the beach only about 25 steps to the water. I could see the sea and sand while lying on the bed with the door open. We ate prawns and fresh juices and lay in the sun for days. It was the perfect place to get better. We rented mopeds and chilled out the main decisions we have made for the last few weeks have been where and when to eat! We have made some great friends and had to crazy nights out. Some of the main craziness were the journeys home fighting off the dogs. We discovered beaches along the coast Turtle beach etc and surfed waves near ship wrecks.

We spent Christmas with Scott, Joe, Jaque and David on our Balcony and then had dinner in the restaurant next to our hut. We had ordered Lobster and prawns from the market and they were amazing with a few beers. It was strange for both of us not to be home for Christmas and really missed everyone terribly, but we still had fun.

New years we went to a place on the water called Neptune Point and there was a large party great fun had by all.... We will be in touch soon as we are heading to Hampi on the 4th by train and then further south from there. we only have 7 weeks left in India and then we are off to the Philippines.

Pam and Stu




Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Mars and Venus allign over a crescent moonMars and Venus allign over a crescent moon
Mars and Venus allign over a crescent moon

This happens very rarely so it was agreat omen when it happened on our first night in Goa


10th January 2009

Stu, sounds and looks amazing!
Stu! The trip sounds friggin amazing. Treasure every minute. I was about to mention that the next time you visit NYC I'll make sure to be in town, but I feel silly even mentioning a big crowded noisy city like this while you're in paradise. Enjoy! - Jeff in NYC, Byron Bay Australia, insidehoops guy

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb