6 Top Hill Stations in India to Escape the Summer Heat


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
July 14th 2020
Published: July 14th 2020
Edit Blog Post

1.Srinagar, Kashmir

Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, delights visitors with its beautiful lakes and cozy houseboats. In fact, lakes and gardens are so numerous that Srinagar is often referred to as "the land of lakes and gardens". The gardens have a distinct Mughal influence, as many of them were cultivated by the Mughal emperors. You will find Asia's largest tulip garden in Srinagar, with a tulip festival held every April. If you are a golf enthusiast, Srinagar is a great place to visit, as there are many courses there. Must see many attractions of Srinagar.

3 Nainital, Uttarakhand

The hill station of Nainital tour package in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand was a popular summer retreat for the British while ruling India. It has a quiet, emerald-colored Naini lake and an action-packed strip called The Mall, which is adorned with restaurants, shops, hotels, and markets. Enjoy several forest walks, explore the surrounding area on horseback, or relax on a boat in the lake.

Around Nainital: Geolikot (19 km south) or Pangot (15 km north) for peace and quiet head.

4.Shimla, Himachal Pradesh

Shimla used to be the summer capital of the British Raj when they ruled India. It is now the capital of Himachal Pradesh. The city is spread along a mountain ridge and is famous for its historical buildings and railways. The old Christ Church, with its beautiful stained glass windows, is one of the most prominent sites in Shimla. Another observatory is the Vikaregal Lodge on the Hill. They can be seen on a walking tour of Shimla tour package. The surrounding area also houses adventure sports and a short hike. To get there, travel by train to Shimla. Stay at Sunnimed Estate for an unforgettable gastronomic experience.

Around Shimla: If you want to get away from the crowds in Shimla then try Shoghi (15 km south) or Mashobra (10 km north). Or, perhaps a royal Gharana at Dhami (27 km north). A few hours away, tour the apple country at Kotgarh (75 km). Silvan Orchard is a homestay that offers stunning views (and fresh apples in season) in Kotgarh.

5.Munnar, Kerala

If you like tea, a trip to Munnar in Kerala is a must! The surrounding area is famous for its extensive tea gardens. Kundala Tea Plantation, which borders a picturesque lake, provides the best opportunity to pick and process tea and try fresh tea directly from the gardens. The region has the natural beauty of winding lanes, mist hills, and forests filled with exotic plants and wildlife. Adventure enthusiasts can visit Anamudi, the highest peak in South India, roam Eravikulam National Park, or go rock climbing. Stay in a hotel in Munnar and homes surrounded by nature.

6.Ooty, Tamil Nadu

Established in the early 19th century by the British as the summer headquarters of the Chennai government, Ooty is now a very popular place to escape the heat in Tamil Nadu. If you go there during the peak season from March to May, keep it ready for the crowd! Top attractions in Ooty include the 55-hectare Government Botanical Garden (a flower show is held every year in May as the Summer Festival), boating on the Ooty Lake, and climbing the Doddabetta peak for an excellent view of the Nilgiri Hills. Take a beautiful toy train from Mettupalayam to go to Ooty.

Around Ooty: Coonoor (a ridge 20 kilometers southeast) is famous for its tea gardens, while Belikkal (13 kilometers north) and Red Hills (25 kilometers southwest) have lakes and forests.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb