Project India and the Temple of Doom


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Tirunelveli
July 20th 2014
Published: July 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

It's finally Sunday and after a week of laborious, back-breaking work we finally got a day of rest. Early on we hopped on the 'party bus' and headed for a day on the town. When we had finally arrived we were met by the towering superstore Pothy's which if described as busy would have been a major understatement: it was worse than Primark on Oxford Street, on Boxing Day! The girls had the luxurious however claustrophobic experience of buying their sarees and then we quickly headed back to our meeting point at the entrance of the temple. After removing our shoes and entering the temple we were treated to the wondrous settings of ages long past. What could be called maze like, the temple was decorated with statues and towering columns. It was beautiful yet eerie. As we turned the corner we were greeted by an elephant. We had the opportunity to get out our rupees and give them to the elephant which then gave us all a pat on the head in the form of a blessing. After leaving the temple, we had a short time to browse other stalls in town before heading back to the school. After this we had some free time which the majority of people spent at the local supermarket before having the exciting treasure hunt in the evening- as a reward the winners got an ice cream cake, yum! Overall it was a relieving day from work. - Ella and Archie.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb