bon appétit Pondicherry celebrating 31 st Dec in Pondy


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Pondicherry
January 9th 2009
Published: January 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi Guys

I am back again!
In this blog entry I will share my restaurant expenses in Pondy.

In Pondicherry there is no alternative for Seafood; it’s fresh all the time.
According to me "Satsanga Restaurant" on rue Labourdonnais. The place is cozy place to hang out with friends. If u r visiting the restaurant in the morning then do not miss the Papaya Yogurt it is simply delicious.
The staff (waiters) of Satsanga are friendly and most importantly they speak fluent English as well as French. In the evening the place is decorated with candles; which makes the atmosphere more romantic.
So guys do not miss "satsanga".

On Rue Dumas there is one cafe Le Club (Hotel De Pondicherry). This is also nice food serving place.
They serve one interesting dish "Duck Barbeque" it is simply mouth-watering dish. It cost about Rs.350 per dish; however its price worthy.

The other recommended restaurants are Le Rendezvous located at 30 Suffren St,
Le Space on rue Labourdonnais they only serve Beer in drinks, so other variety.
Madam shantes on RUE BUSSY this is also nice place.

In Pondicherry there are couple of 24 hours coffee shop, Le Cafe at Goubert Avenue , Salt & pepper and
there is one coffee shop in front of "Madame Shante's" restaurant; the cafe name is coffe.com and its quite nice place.

There is a hype in Pondy that "Ajanta Seaside View Restaurant" is good restaurant. Believe me its pathetic restaurant; they serve French cuisine with South Indian Flavor disgusting.
I was at this place for new years eve(On 31stDec 2008); these guys charged Rs.2000 per person(50US$) and the food was hopeless so does the drinks.
They initially informed us that they have arranged NEW YEAR BASH so they are charging Rs.2000.
But when I reached the venue I realized that its just small place; they have arranged some 8 tables on the terrace and no music and nothing.
Above all the as party went on they started to play some hopeless TAMIL songs and the local crowd was dancing on tunes on it. These guys were completely dunked and behaving like some filthy animals.
This Ajants Restaurant were about to ruin my New Year eve when I meet two beautiful women travelers from Denmark.
The party was turning into nightmare so three of us decided to move out from there at around about 11.30 PM.
when we came out of the restaurant and we saw that there was huge rush on Goubert Avenue; most of the people were dunked with complete loss of their minds.
as I was accompanying these two girls; at 12 in night everybody started to come closer to us to greet "Happy New Year". Initially it was ok; the crowd was just making handshakes with these girls; but afterwards they almost try to molest them.
It is happening with every white female traveler who was present on Goubert Avenue at that time.
The situation become so worst that finally we were move out of that area in POLICE ESCORT.
My god it was horrible experience.
I don’t understand why Indian male show such type of barbaric habits.
I am also Indian and I know that not all Indian men are manner less; but what I experienced on that day was shameless; barbaric act.
I initially thought that I should not mention this incidence in my blog entry coz its most embracing moment and it could damage my country's image.
But then I thought I should mention these as tip or advice to travelers especially female travelers not accompanied by any male companion; please be careful when u move around. U can debility interact with local guys, no issues ;but be careful.

Anyways; I am ending my this blog now in next entry I will introduce u guys about Spiritual Side of Pondicherry- Sri Aurobindo Ashram and Auroville.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb